Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Bender Heri <HB...@Ergonomics.ch> on 2006/07/12 16:39:49 UTC

Re: Filtering out data while logging

I would chose the approach by a self written renderer, which is configured like this:

    <renderer renderedClass="ch.ergonomics.pms.common.supervision.MessageLogger"
        renderingClass="ch.ergonomics.pms.common.supervision.MessageLogger"/>

The rendering class is your self written renderer which implements log4j ObjectRenderer (method doRender()).
The rendered class is the one you pass to calls like logger.debug() (the formal parameter of this calls is Object and not String, you can pass any java or self defined class. If no renderer for this class is configured, the toString() method is used to render the class).

Heri