Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by H....@MI.unimaas.nl on 2004/05/07 11:39:01 UTC

RE: HELP! LOSING authentication from session context!

Oops, noticed an error in the subject. Hope this makes it clearer.

Bye, Helma

Posted by John Spackman <jo...@zenesis.com>.
AFAIK, the authentication context is only available inside the action
protecting a page - which means that all pages must be explicitly
protected.  You can protect multiple pages within a single protection
action, and there is an example in the docs
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/webapps/authentication.html in
the section "Pipeline Patterns") on how to do it.  I haven't started
using it yet, but reading the list I believe there is a restriction
where the protection can only happen in the sitemap that declares the
authentication handler - if you try to use it in a subsitemap you get an
error saying it doesn't exist, and if you re-declare it then your users
have to log in all over again.

Does anyone know if that's fixed yet, or is it still a TODO?  This is
something I really need support for RSN so if it's not done, please can
someone tell me give me some hints on what to do and I'll get onto it?

John