Posted to dev@crunch.apache.org by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com> on 2013/12/03 17:19:58 UTC

Re: Crunch logo design competition

Hey all,

So we ran the vote for a week and these two designs came out on top:

http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/only-thing-bigger-big-data-267436/entries/7

and

http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/only-thing-bigger-big-data-267436/entries/74

(although I prefer this variation:
http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/only-thing-bigger-big-data-267436/entries/98)

I'm a bit torn and could use some help making the decision. The first one
had the highest overall rating (3.6) and has both the pro and is very clear
about the connection between Crunch and Hadoop (which is either a good
thing or a bad thing, depending on your perspective.) But I like the
abstraction and the "pipeline" feel of the second design (3.5), and I think
it's more interesting because it's so different from the logos for Hadoop
and the other ecosystem projects-- although if you want to make the
association clear, that's not necessarily a good thing. :)

Any other thoughts before I pick a winner?

Thanks!
Josh

Posted by Micah Whitacre <mk...@gmail.com>.
+1 to the variation without the "ear" hanging off the C.  so this one (
http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/only-thing-bigger-big-data-267436/entries/98
)

Projects like Cascading do not have an "elephant" in their logo so it is
definitely not a requirement.

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
Like the 2nd one

--