Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Smith, Nathan" <Na...@encana.com> on 2006/12/12 18:58:25 UTC

Can you add a cover page to a Word doc using HWPF?

I'm attempting to add a cover page to any arbitrary Word document using
POI, and the obvious solutions (inserting a paragraph and setting a page
break, for example) aren't working.  In fact, using "insertBefore" seems
to destroy some formatting (specifically, footnotes.)  So, two
questions:

1) Is it possible to insert a page into a Word doc w/ POI?
2) If the answer to 1) is yes, how would it be accomplished?

Thanks,
Nathan

Add non-Excel functions ?

Posted by Khanh Tran <tr...@gmail.com>.

Dear experts,
	I am wonder if is it possible to add non-excel simple function, ie
user-defined functions and have FormulaParser evaluate it.

Thanks.

Re: Can you add a cover page to a Word doc using HWPF?

Posted by Rainer Schwarze <rs...@admadic.de>.
Hello Nathan,

At 18:58 12.12.2006, Smith, Nathan wrote:
>I'm attempting to add a cover page to any arbitrary Word document using
>POI, and the obvious solutions (inserting a paragraph and setting a page
>break, for example) aren't working.  In fact, using "insertBefore" seems
>to destroy some formatting (specifically, footnotes.)  So, two
>questions:
>
>1) Is it possible to insert a page into a Word doc w/ POI?

Not really. In HWPF currently too many details are missing in order
to reliably write Word files.

Best wishes,
Rainer