Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2008/06/23 20:38:31 UTC

Re: [Announce] Apache Portable Runtime 1.3.0^H2 Released

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>    The Apache Software Foundation and the Apache Portable Runtime
>    Project are proud to announce the General Availability of
>    version 1.3.2 of the APR Apache Portable Runtime library.

So what do folks think of adverting on the general announce@apache,
do we bother for every announcement?  Or only major.minor new releases
and major security-related releases?

I hesitate today since an updated 1.3.3 package should be packaged and
shipped shortly with less autoconf noise.  In fact I'll tag this on
Thursday so we can announce Monday.  If there are bug fixes you are
excited to address, can we get those done by Thurs afternoon?

Bill

Re: [Announce] Apache Portable Runtime 1.3.0^H2 Released

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>
>>    The Apache Software Foundation and the Apache Portable Runtime
>>    Project are proud to announce the General Availability of
>>    version 1.3.2 of the APR Apache Portable Runtime library.
>
> So what do folks think of adverting on the general announce@apache,
> do we bother for every announcement?  Or only major.minor new releases
> and major security-related releases?
All releases.  When I'm in heavy "away mode", I leave all but announce@
(for all projects that I really care about) so as to not fall out of the
loop.

  Issac

Re: [Announce] Apache Portable Runtime 1.3.0^H2 Released

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 11:38 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> So what do folks think of adverting on the general announce@apache,
> do we bother for every announcement?  Or only major.minor new releases
> and major security-related releases?

Only new major.minor and sec-related releases, IMO.  -- justin