Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Joan Touzet <jo...@atypical.net> on 2011/12/14 23:13:43 UTC

Enrolment open: Introduction to CouchDB Development

Enrolment for the "Introduction to CouchDB Development" course is now
open at http://moodle.wohmart.com/ !

As previously described, this course will get you up to speed in Erlang
(40%), the fundamentals of how CouchDB is implemented (40%), and will
culminate in a small group project (20%).

There will be guest presentations from these illustrious contributors:
  * Randall Leeds
  * Bob Dionne
  * Adam Kocoloski
  * Dale Harvey
  * Paul Davis
  * Benoit Chesneau
  * Robert Newson
  * Jan Lehnardt
  * ...with more to come!

The course runs from 2012.1.9 - 2012.3.20 or so, with a commitment of
about 4-8 hours per week recommended. Also, be aware that this is an
online studio course, meaning it's run entirely online and in the open.
It's 100% free (as in beer and freedom).

Prerequisites:
  Strong knowledge of at least one programming language, preferably
    non-scripted [*]
  Know how to use CouchDB. This is not a CouchDB course.

To enrol:
  1. Reply to me privately by email, or via IRC (freenode's
     #couchdb, wohali), or via Twitter (@wohali).
  2. I will give you the enrolment key.
  3. Visit http://moodle.wohmart.com/ , select the course and register
     a new user using the provided enrolment key.

These people get priority enrolment until 12-16 since they expressed
early interest:
  Timothy Chen
  Roman Geber
  Matt Adams
  Bryan Green
  Sean Copenhaver
  Pete Vander Giessen
  Clifford Hung
  Dave Cottlehuber

See you there,
Joan

[*] If your only programming language is JavaScript, prepare to devote
more time to the course for the first 4 weeks. Moving to Erlang from
JavaScript will take more effort than if you have a background in at
least one non-scripting language.

Re: Enrolment open: Introduction to CouchDB Development

Posted by David Pratt <da...@byu.edu>.
I am very interested in this course.  Please let me know what I can do to enroll.

David Pratt
w> 801-422-4823
e> David.Pratt@byu.edu

Posted by Robert French <ro...@gmail.com>.
I would definitely like to participate in this.

--

Robert French
Departments of Mathematics and Computer Science

Re: Enrolment open: Introduction to CouchDB Development

Posted by Joan Touzet <jo...@atypical.net>.
Please reply off list, folks....I appreciate the very positive response
but I don't want to "pollute" the dev list with this.

Cheers,
Joan

Posted by Nathan Stott <nr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by CGS <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joan,

I am interested.

Best regards,
CGS

SV: Enrolment open: Introduction to CouchDB Development

Posted by Jens Rantil <je...@telavox.se>.
Hi,

Will the material for these/this course(s) be available online, too?

Curious,
Jens