Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io> on 2022/04/04 14:17:07 UTC

Re: Idea: Monthly Members Moment/Critical Committer Communications

I've tried to access both of the links that Betrand sent and I get a "Page
not found" message in confluence.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Le mar. 5 avr. 2022 à 15:21, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> a écrit :
> ...AFAIK, while there are a few things in the current draft
> that are not open to the public (ie, board meeting for example) there's
> no harm in informing the public - they just cannot participate...

I agree in principle, but we should clarify whether we are ok with
publishing private URLs.

Those are protected and there's already a good number of them out
there, but I think it's good to define, as a general principle,
whether we are ok with publishing URLs that only ASF members have
access to.

-Bertrand

Re: Idea: Monthly Members Moment/Critical Committer Communications

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Tue, 2022-04-05 at 08:44 +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le lun. 4 avr. 2022 à 19:16, Priya Sharma
> <pr...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> >
> > I am also not able to view those pages (perhaps only ASF members
> > have
> > access)...
>
> That's correct, the ASFP wiki space is restricted to ASF members.
>
>  It's not fantastic that we're discussing here and not letting people
> see that draft - OTOH that's more motivation to create a public
> version of those news, which would be a good thing. We might just
> send
> the public version here.

My initial proposal was to have a members version (with member-
confidential info) and a more general committers version for public
consumption. AFAIK, while there are a few things in the current draft

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Priya Sharma <pr...@gmail.com>.

On Mon, 4 Apr 2022 at 19:47, Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io> wrote:

> I've tried to access both of the links that Betrand sent and I get a "Page
> not found" message in confluence.
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 3:15 AM Bertrand Delacretaz <
> bdelacretaz@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sam Ruby wrote:
> >
> > >... Accordingly, I've taken the sample newsletter and posted it here:
> > >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ASFP/Member+Moment+-+April+2022
> >
> > I've changed the structure slightly, with
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ASFP/Member+Moments being
> > the homepage of those (work-in-progress, restricted to ASF Members)
> > newsletters, displaying a list of its child pages. And moved your
> > suggested content to
> >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ASFP/Member+Moment+-+April+2022
> > accordingly.
> >
> > I hope it works for you - Cunningham's law implies that what you
> > initially post is wrong so I had to fix it ;-)
> >
> > -Bertrand

Best Regards,
Priya