Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org> on 2022/02/11 09:39:04 UTC

[RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 4.0.2 released

The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Cassandra version 4.0.2.

Apache Cassandra is a fully distributed database. It is the right
choice when you need scalability and high availability without
compromising performance.

 http://cassandra.apache.org/

Downloads of source and binary distributions are listed in our download section:

 http://cassandra.apache.org/download/

This version is a bug fix release[1] on the 4.0 series. As always,
please pay attention to the release notes[2] and Let us know[3] if you
were to encounter any problem.

Enjoy!

[1]: CHANGES.txt
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES.txt;hb=refs/tags/cassandra-4.0.2
[2]: NEWS.txt https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=NEWS.txt;hb=refs/tags/cassandra-4.0.2
[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 4.0.2 released

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
I don't think that's enough.  We noop'd this in 3.11:
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-3.11/NEWS.txt#L310
but never mentioned it again or did a proper deprecation notice, so
dropping them in a minor is especially not nice.

Posted by David Capwell <dc...@apple.com>.
Agree

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Ekaterina Dimitrova <e....@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Capwell <dc...@apple.com>.

Posted by Dinesh Joshi <dj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ekaterina Dimitrova <e....@gmail.com>.

Posted by "benedict@apache.org" <be...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ekaterina Dimitrova <e....@gmail.com>.
Patch submitted for review.
I will also add explicit point on deprecation to the config docs I am
writing now too.

Posted by Dinesh Joshi <dj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ekaterina Dimitrova <e....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
Agreed, I've opened CASSANDRA-17376 to handle this.

Posted by Ekaterina Dimitrova <e....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ekaterina Dimitrova <e....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ekaterina Dimitrova <e....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Ramirez <er...@datastax.com>.
(moved dev@ to BCC)

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.
Accidentally dropped dev@, so adding back in the dev list, with the hopes
that someone on the dev list helps address this.

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Ramirez <er...@datastax.com>.
(moved dev@ to BCC)