Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@apache.org> on 2005/08/27 16:24:13 UTC

[ANN] Maven EJB Plugin 1.7 released

We are pleased to announce the Maven EJB Plugin 1.7 release!

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/ejb/

EJB Plugin for Maven

Changes in this version include:

  Fixed bugs:

o Make the ejb creation work even if there are not sources.
o Fixed default property values in the web site documentation. Issue:
  MPEJB-12.
o EJB client jar can now be generated and deployed/installed automatically by
  the standard goals ( ejb, ejb:ejb, ejb:installand ejb:deploy). Previous
  goals dedicated to ejb client have been deprecated. There is a new property
  maven.ejb.client.generatewhich decides whether or not to generate the ejb
  client jar. It defaults to true. Issue: MPEJB-2.
o Added new EJB type handler that supports ejband ejb-clienttypes. This fixes
  the bug with ejb:install/deploy-clientnot uploading the client jar. Issue:
  MPEJB-16. Thanks to H�?¯�?¿�?½vard Bj�?¯�?¿�?½stad.

  Changes:

o By default do not generate client EJB. I believe this is a more common
  default that generating as generation of client EJBs is only required for
  distributed apps which are not so common.

To automatically install the plugin, type the following on a single line:

maven plugin:download
  -Dmaven.repo.remote=http://www.ibiblio.org/maven, http://cvs.apache.org/repository/
  -DgroupId=maven
  -DartifactId=maven-ejb-plugin
  -Dversion=1.7

For a manual installation, you can download the plugin here:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/java-repository/maven/plugins/maven-ejb-plugin-1.7.jar

Have fun!
-The Maven EJB Plugin development team