Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Yian Shang <yi...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/22 00:53:02 UTC

Spark SQL interpreter support for multiple queries in one paragraph

Hi all,

Does Zeppelin currently support getting multiple Spark SQL queries to run
in one paragraph?

For example if I wanted to run something like:

%sql
create table if not exists something (name string, number int)
select * from something where name != 'all'

I get an error from that:

org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: missing EOF at 'select' near ')';
line 2 pos 0 at
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveQl$.createPlan(HiveQl.scala:254)

Is this supported and if so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Yian

Re: Spark SQL interpreter support for multiple queries in one paragraph

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi Yian,

Current implementation of SQLInterpreter in spark package able to run only
single single statement per paragraph.

Thanks,
moon