Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by 岭秀 <ma...@sina.com> on 2018/07/18 07:02:53 UTC

can we deprecated myid file?

Hi zk guys:
maoling
Beijing,China

When use zk in distributional model,we need to touch a myid file in dataDir.then write a unique number to it.It is inconvenient and not user-friendly, it has a special usage which I don't know?Look at an example from other distribution system such as kafka:it just uses  broker.id=0 in the server.properties to indentify a unique server nodecan we abandon the myid file and use a new property such as server.id=0 in the zoo.cfg- is it doable?- if it is doable,we use this feature in the latest branch or keep it downward compatibility?

Re: can we deprecated myid file?

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@apache.org>.
I don't think myid has any special usage aside from providing a stable
identifier - see some history here:
https://markmail.org/message/cvzz3tq3gievicqe

I suggest create a JIRA to make a proposal if there are better approaches.