Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Luís Fraga <lf...@mobicomp.com> on 2005/04/20 11:51:30 UTC

Axis performance - updated info?

Hi all!

I wonder if there is an updated benchmark analisys for Axis?

I have been looking foi axis performance comments on the internet and I
found scary things such as:

/> > it seems that AXIS-Java has huge memory leak - test was not completed as/

/> > JVM ran out of memory/

/> > even though it was started with -Xmx1024m (1GB!) and it actually managed/

/> > not only to take/

/> > all memory but also all swap space leading to machine freezing which is/

/> > very bad sign/

/> > if you plans to run AXIS-Java based services for this kind of payloads .../

(from a summer last year post)

Have issues like this already been addressed? Are there other well-know
performance problems in Axis versions?
Are there significant performance differences for client and server
modes depending on the product version?

Any feedback or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
--Luís

Re: Axis performance - updated info?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
There are various fixes for various problems in latest CVS. It all
boils down to this - you do your own benchmark analysis for the kind
of usage that *YOU* expect. If you run into a problem, submit a bug
and we can go on from there. Don't rely on outdated information.

-- dims