Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org> on 2016/08/02 13:59:10 UTC

New RC?

Are we ready for a new RC yet?

Re: New RC?

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
I just filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-3136. This
one is pretty serious IMO and I plan to get a patch up and tested within
the next hour or so. Sorry for the last-minute-ness of it.

tl;dr The shading changes broke backwards wire compatibility of PQS due
to how the Avatica wire API currently operates (how client and server
figure out what message was sent across the wire).

Re: New RC?

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Once, the PHOENIX-3111 addendum is checked in, I think we're ready to go.
We just need to recreate the 4.8 branches to be at the head of the 4.x
branches.

Sound good?

Thanks,
James

Re: New RC?

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Re: New RC?

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: New RC?

Posted by Ankit Singhal <an...@gmail.com>.
I think PHOENIX-3111 is not completed yet. Expecting the addendum soon,
once it is committed ,I'll get the RC up.

Re: New RC?

Posted by "rajeshbabu@apache.org" <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

There is a special case in PHOENIX-3111 that if writes happen outside of
the inde building there is a chance of RTBE still. Just checking it. Will
commit the addendum in couple of hours and ping here.

Thanks,
Rajeshbabu.