Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/09 12:34:20 UTC

Project dependencies use case

I have a use case where i am developing two projects, and project A
depends on project B.

What i want to do is a mvn clean compile under project A directory and
it will also compile project B and use it's classes as a dependency.
Sounds simple enough but i can't seem to be able to get this use case
working.

The problem is that if i declare the dependency to project B in the
project A pom maven will always look for the installed artifact of B,
which isn't what i want because i don't want to have to install B every
time i try to compile A.

So i guess what i'm looking for is a way to declare that project A
depends on project B current source code and not it's installed artifact.

Am i making any sense ?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Project dependencies use case

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
Until this problem in cobertura is solved i think i will do that.

Thanks for you help..

Cheers

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at>.
Just read that in the plugin documentation. Too bad, should've been a little
bit better to configure imo.

That means you're stuck to running it twice I guess... If you trust your
developers enough and your ci is a pretty much isolated machine, you could
maybe run 2 maven-calls: 'mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true' and 'mvn
cobertura:check', just to speed things up a bit...

On Friday 09 November 2007 13:56, Hugo Palma wrote:
> That doesn't run the check goal of the cobertura plugin. And if i add
> the check goal to executions section in the cobertura plugin
> configuration then i get my tests run twice.
>
> Roland Asmann wrote:
> > And just running 'clean install'? Since it triggers cobertura as well,
> > shouldn't that be enough?
> >
> > On Friday 09 November 2007 13:37, Hugo Palma wrote:
> >> Well, the main reason for me not wanting to install is related to a
> >> behaviour in the cobertura plugin. Basically if i do "install
> >> cobertura:check" my tests are run twice. If i just do "cobertura:check"
> >> the tests are only run once. I reported this here
> >> (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCOBERTURA-76).
> >> That's why i was trying to avoid having to install.
> >>
> >> Thanks...

Roland Asmann

CFC Informationssysteme Entwicklungsgesellschaft m.b.H
Bäckerstrasse 1/2/7
A-1010 Wien
FN 266155f, Handelsgericht Wien

Tel.: +43/1/513 88 77 - 27