Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by jude <fl...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/05 07:34:44 UTC

[UTILITY] Command Line User Interface or CLUI

I've been meaning to donate more projects that I use to help with Flex /
AIR development so to do that I'd like to make people aware of Command Line
User Interface or CLUI. It's an AIR application that takes a command line
statement and creates a user interface / form out of it. This makes it
easier to run an ant task, compile a project, overlay the AIR SDK and other
common tasks. I'm going to try to attach screenshots.

To use you write a command line statement as you normally would in Terminal
but enter it in the Input text area except where you want to provide a user
interface option you type a JSON object with form element type. CLUI will
then show that UI element in the form area and automatically build the
correct command line statement in the Output text area.

For example, if you want to overlay the AIR SDK you must select the source
AIR directory and the target AIR directory. So instead of hard coding a
path to the source directory in the command statement you enter a JSON
formatted string for the source directory and then a browse for source
directory text input and browse button appear in the UI section of the
program. You can then use the UI to select the source directory and CLUI
will enter that selected directory path into the command statement and
place single or double quotes around it.

Anyway, it's open source and although it's not finished it might be a
project we can fix up and work on. I know we have Ant and Maven and batch
files and an installer but a few messages on the forums indicate it may
come in handy. We might eventually build up a repository of common commands
that we can share across the community and make a little more free time for
ourselves. https://github.com/monkeypunch3/CommandLineUserInterface