Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Samiran Roy <Sa...@rssoftware.co.in> on 2008/03/03 12:18:46 UTC

Initial problem on Jmeter

Hi,

I'm novice to this user list.
I have installed jmeter v2.3.1 and from the user manual I prepare to
test the jmeter's sample web page 'http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/'.
Since I wanna to test this sample page I set 'HTTP request defaults'
under the thread group as server name: jakarta.apache.org with port
number :80 and protocol to: http, leave all the fields as blank.
Then I set HTTP proxy server under workbench as Port: 8080, target
controller: Test Plan>Thread group, and URL patern to include: .* &
exclude: .*\.gif. I click on run. Open above described link and do some
navigations. But jmeter fails to record the script and it also not shown
in thread group.

Whether I am doing any wrong. Please help me asap.

N.B. would anybody sent me the document for load & performance testing
using Jmeter.

Regards,
Samiran roy

Re: Initial problem on Jmeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Check what happens if you don't start the JMeter proxy.

If the browser still works, then it's not using the proxy.

Posted by Samiran Roy <Sa...@rssoftware.co.in>.

Posted by Ronan Klyne <ro...@groupbc.com>.