Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Benjamin Murauer <b....@gmail.com> on 2012/06/10 13:32:54 UTC

x most similar documents

Hi there,
i have a solr server running containing tweets. my schema.xml contains
following fields:

<fields>
 <field name="id" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
 required="true" />
 <field name="tweet" type="text_general"
indexed="true" stored="true" termVectors="true"/>
 <field
name="hashtags" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"
termVectors="true"/>
</fields>

my problem is actually quite simple; somewhere in my GUI the user types
text and i want to retrieve tweets that are most similar to it.
Therefore, i tried the "morelikethis" functionality. My problem is that
currently, mlt finds additional tweets to every tweet found by the
"select" handler. I'm not sure however if the select handler finds the
most fitting tweet or just returns the first match. currently, i am
using following query:

http://localhost:8983/solr/select/?q=tweet:heaven&mlt=true&mlt.fl=tweet,hashtags&wt=json&indent=true

Am i missing something critical? So eventually, i just want to retrieve
x tweets with the most similar text, sorted by their similarity (cosine
of termVectors). Is MoreLikeThis the way to go?

Thanks in advance!

Re: x most similar documents

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Oops, I said "MLT will use the first search result from the original query",
but that is for the MLT handler. For the MLT component you get a separate
set of documents for each document in the results of the original query.

-- Jack Krupansky