Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Michael Mattox <mi...@verideon.com> on 2003/05/24 09:15:24 UTC

Example of using HttpClient to measure performance

I would like to use HttpClient to measure performance of websites.  I'm
currently using java's HttpUrlConnection class.  I've seen the examples for
retrieving a web page with HttpClient but I'm curious if anyone has an
example of how to use it to measure performance.  So far the performance
times I would like to capture are the time it takes to connect to the
server, the time it takes to process the request and the time it takes to
download the resulting page.  If anyone knows of an example please let me
know.

Thanks,
Michael Mattox