Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2008/05/24 06:35:59 UTC

DayTrader 2.0 Release - Input requested

Its long overdue and I'm moving my creaky bones to release this guy.
Since its more of a sample / application I wanted to solicit some
input on the criteria for a release.

I was planning on including a bundle that had the source, an ear as
well as a deployment plan for the derby database.  Also included would
be a readme for installation.

Not related to the release, but would also be updated, includes some
Wiki documentation updates around the benchmark.

Does anyone see additional items or things they would like to see for
a release on DayTrader?  I'm planning on pulling this together next
week so early feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Re: DayTrader 2.0 Release - Input requested

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On May 24, 2008, at 12:35 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> Its long overdue and I'm moving my creaky bones to release this
> guy.  Since its more of a sample / application I wanted to solicit
> some input on the criteria for a release.
>
> I was planning on including a bundle that had the source, an ear as
> well as a deployment plan for the derby database.  Also included
> would be a readme for installation.
>
> Not related to the release, but would also be updated, includes some
> Wiki documentation updates around the benchmark.
>
> Does anyone see additional items or things they would like to see
> for a release on DayTrader?  I'm planning on pulling this together
> next week so early feedback is welcome and appreciated.

It would be nice to provide plugin packaging with separate and
swappable datasources/jms pools.  However this might be more than we
want to bite off for 2.0.  Also I'm not sure if app clients can really
be packaged as plugins right now.  Depending on how the samples stuff
goes I might poke at this a little bit.

thanks
david jencks