Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Dan Bress <db...@onyxconsults.com> on 2015/05/29 14:55:22 UTC

Distinguishing between 0.2.0 vs 0.1.1 ?

Hi,

Joe recently brought up the idea of thinking about what new features go in 0.2.0 and what bug fixes go in 0.1.1. Did we make a decision on that? I bring it up because I could see three tickets being fixed/released (quickly) in 0.1.1 (NIFI-633, NIFI-632, NIFI-638).

If we decide to do an 0.1.1, did we decide how that gets handled from a git/branching point of view?  Currently develop is labeled '0.1.1-SNAPSHOT', and so is release-nifi-0.1.0-rc13<https://github.com/apache/incubator-nifi/tree/release-nifi-0.1.0-rc13>.

So where would 0.1.1 fixes go, and where would 0.2.0 features go?

Dan Bress
Software Engineer
ONYX Consulting Services

Re: Distinguishing between 0.2.0 vs 0.1.1 ?

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Tony,

The tag name itself having the RC# is intentional and specified in the
release guide.  Having the RC# in the release version itself which
ends up on the code and thus reflects in the UI is not intentional.
Though I just looked at the actual tagged release code and it does not
have the RC# in there except for the scm/tag section which is
expected.  However, for the running instance of nifi to show its
version is '0.1.0-incubating-RC13' that means that
'${project.version}' while building the assembly was
'0.1.0-incubating-RC13' and that I don't understand given that the
version is proper at '0.1.0-incubating'.

I'm confused.

Joe

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.