Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Subramanian Karunanithi <su...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/26 17:07:23 UTC

Filter plugins in Kafka

Hi,

Do we have any plugin which is available, which can be used as a filtering
mechanism on the data it's working on?

Regards,
Subramanian. K

Re: Filter plugins in Kafka

Posted by Lohith Samaga M <Lo...@mphasis.com>.
Hi
Using Storm would be another way. This will scale as well.

Spark streaming would fit as well

It all depends on the complexity of the filter and any additional processing required.

HTH

Lohith

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Gerard Klijs wrote ----

Using kafka streams is one way, I used camel before with kafka, which also
has a nice way of using filters.

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 1:51 PM Subramanian Karunanithi <su...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When a stream of data passes through Kafka, wanted to apply the filter and
> then let that message pass through to partitions.
>
> Regards,
> Subramanian. K
> On Apr 26, 2016 12:33, "Marko Bonaći" <ma...@sematext.com> wrote:
>
> > Instantly reminded me of Streams API, where you can use Java8 streams
> > semantics (filter being one of them) to do the first thing in Gouzhang's
> > response (filter messages from one topic into another - I assume that's
> > what you were looking for).
> >
> > Marko Bonaći
> > Monitoring | Alerting | Anomaly Detection | Centralized Log Management
> > Solr & Elasticsearch Support
> > Sematext <http://sematext.com/> | Contact
> > <http://sematext.com/about/contact.html>
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 6:22 PM, Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Subramanian,
> > >
> > > Could you elaborate a bit more on "filtering"? Do you want to read raw
> > data
> > > from Kafka, and send the filtered data back to Kafka as a separate
> topic,
> > > or do you want to read raw data from an external service and send the
> > > filtered data into Kafka?
> > >

> > > Guozhang
> > >

> > > On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Subramanian Karunanithi <
> > > sububack@gmail.com

> > > filtering

> > > --
> > > -- Guozhang

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to Mphasis, its associated companies and/ or its customers and is intended
for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded
to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly
prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at mailmaster@mphasis.com and delete this mail from your records.

Re: Filter plugins in Kafka

Posted by Gerard Klijs <ge...@dizzit.com>.

Re: Filter plugins in Kafka

Posted by Subramanian Karunanithi <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone, shall try these options.

Regards,
Subramanian. K

Re: Filter plugins in Kafka

Posted by Andrew Otto <ot...@wikimedia.org>.