Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Chris Williams <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/16 01:29:51 UTC

Solaris 10, locales, and Sun Studio 10

For some reason, gcc 3.4.2 that came with the Solaris 10 doesn't support
locales correctly and that is why one of the locale tests was failing.  The
only locales that it worked with was C and POSIX.  Now using Sun Studio 10,
the locales worked as expected.

As far as sun studio 10 goes, it worked fine as long I compiled cppUnit
separately.  The only change I had to make was to add the following to
tests/src/net/socketservertestcase.cpp.  These are defined when the Sun
Studio compilers are being used.

#if defined(__SUNPRO_C) || defined(__SUNPRO_CC)
#include <unistd.h>
#endif

Without that include, fork, exec, and something else would be undefined.
The other issue that came up a lot was warnings about variables hiding other
variables.  Here is an example.

[cc] "/export/disk10/cppProjects/logging-log4cxx/include/log4cxx/level.h",
line 183: Warning: level hides log4cxx::Level::level.
[cc] "/export/disk10/cppProjects/logging-log4cxx/include/log4cxx/level.h",
line 186: Warning: level hides log4cxx::Level::level.

Not exactly a major issue but makes the build on Sun Studio 10 really messy.
If anyone wants, I can email the log file that contains all the warnings.

Thanks
Chris