Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by "Bartholdt, Joerg" <jo...@siemens.com> on 2007/01/25 10:57:32 UTC

Using ECC-based Keymaterial for signing XMLDocs

Hi *,

I have a simple, short XML document that I want to sign using an ECC private key. I have created the ECC-Keys with BouncyCastle (bcprov-jdk15-133.jar) (using Java 1.5 obviously ;-). Unfortunately,

XMLSignature sig = ....
sig.sign(privateKey);

The sign method throws java.security.InvalidKeyException: No installed provider supports this key: org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.JCEECPrivateKey

I have initialized BouncyCastle and the XMLLib

 static {
        Security.addProvider(new BouncyCastleProvider());
        org.apache.xml.security.Init.init();

    }

And used the bouncyCastle PKCS12 KeyStore for reading the key material from a .p12-file.

It all worked fine when I was using RSA-keymaterial!

Is this a know bug, was it never tested? Any idea, where I can look next?

Thanks in advance,
  Jörg