Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2001/04/27 00:23:06 UTC

Re: Struts Unit Testing

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Winterfeldt" <dw...@yahoo.com>
To: "Vincent Massol" <vm...@octo.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: Struts Unit Testing

> I have Tomcat 3.2 starting, running the tests, and
> shutting down.  I'll modify it to handle multiple
> servers and work with Tomcat 4.0 and then I'll send it
> to you.
>
> Do we want to make a separate test web app or build
> the test files into the current web apps?  Right now

I think doing a separate test webapp is better (using the directory
<root>/src/test, which is prepared for that)

> I've modified the struts-example web app just to do
> some quick testing, but I was thinking that since the
> Struts build gets everything ready in the target
> directory first that we could make a top level test
> directory and copy the target web app we want to test
> on into the test directory and then add the
> redirector.jsp and commons-cactus.jar to the web app.
> As for adding the servlet mappings and registrations
> for the ServletRedirector and JspRedirector maybe we
> could add a replacable parameter into the original
> web.xml file that could get filtered as it is copied.
> Just some thoughts I've had.  Or we could make a
> separate web app just for testing.  Let me know your
> thoughts and I'll e-mail you what I have in the next
> couple of days.

I prefer a separate test web app with a separate web.xml file located in
<root>/conf/test.

Note: I think we should post this kind of messages to the struts-dev mailing
list so that others know what we are doing, may voice their opinion (like a
separate web app or a single one) and participate. I have put the struts-dev
mailing list in copy of this mail.

Looks good so far !

> David

Thanks