Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Yaroslav Novytskyy <sp...@n-ix.com.ua> on 2006/01/16 14:56:37 UTC

[shale] stable?

Hello!

I wonder if Shale is stable enough in it's interfaces to start using it for
developing commercial applications.
(or is it better to use pure JSF for stability reasons?)

Can anybody comment on this?

Yaroslav Novytskyy

Re: [shale] stable?

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 1/16/06, Yaroslav Novytskyy <sp...@n-ix.com.ua> wrote:

> Yes, I did, but just hoped to hear more explanative answer...

I'm not sure what more really needs to be said ... as the page states, for
general application use you shoud focus on APIs only in the packages targed
for that use (versus the APIs for specializing the framework itself).
Within that group, you can count on the APIs marked "Evolving" (such as
org.apache.shale.view) to be focused on maintaining backwards compatibility
even when new functionality is added.

Other packages, such as org.apache.shale.dialog, are still developing -- but
backwards compatibility will not be broken gratuitously.

Craig

Re: [shale] stable?

Posted by Yaroslav Novytskyy <sp...@n-ix.com.ua>.

gramani@intellicare.com wrote:

>Yaroslav Novytskyy <sp...@n-ix.com.ua> wrote on 01/16/2006
>08:56:37 AM:
>

>>Hello!
>>
>>I wonder if Shale is stable enough in it's interfaces to start using it
>>

>for
>

>>developing commercial applications.
>>(or is it better to use pure JSF for stability reasons?)
>>
>>Can anybody comment on this?
>>
>>Yaroslav Novytskyy
>>

>Hi Yaroslav, have you seen this link:
>
>http://struts.apache.org/struts-shale/api-stability.html