Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "jignesh(india)" <ji...@aspl.in> on 2007/10/24 09:04:35 UTC

Problem while setting object directly from tag

Hi,
I am having problem while setting my selected list object directly to my
bean class.
My code looks like given below:-

<s:select name="user.item" list="itemList" listValue="name"/>

public MyAction extends ActionSupport {
	public List<Item> getItemList() {
		return ("a list with itemobjects in it");
	}
	public User getUser() {
		return "user object";
	}
}
public class User {
	private Item item;
	public Item getItem() {
		return item;
	}
	public void setItem(Item item) {
		this.item = item;
	}
}

public class Item {
	private String name;
	public String getName() {
		return name;
	}
	public void setName(String name) {
		this.name = name;
	}
}
My listKey contains the Object of type Item.
But when i am trying to save my user object gives me following error.
Error : Invalid field value for field "user.item".

Can anybody help me to find solution.
Thanks in advanced,
Jignesh

Re: Problem while setting object directly from tag

Posted by Igor Vlasov <vi...@mail.ru>.
The list property targets to "model" with data for rendering &lt;select tag.

In &lt;option tag you recieve "Item.toString" as value attribute.

After post Struts cannot set this "value" to  user.item property.

I think you must use in itemId as value for  &lt;option value attibute
and use <s:select name="user.item.itemId"..../>