Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Silvan Kaiser <si...@quobyte.com> on 2015/05/08 15:52:49 UTC

URI missing scheme and authority in job start with new FileSystem implementation

Hello!
I am running a new FileSystem implementation, testing it with a simple
standalone operation from the Hadoop "Single Node Setup" page. Staging
example jobs works alright but upon scheduling the container management
fails because of an URI without scheme (and authority).

NodeManager log snippet:
2015-05-08 15:18:15,331 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.container.ContainerImpl:
Got exception parsing jobSubmitDir/job.splitmetainfo and value resource {
port: -1 file:
"/tmp/hadoop-yarn/staging/kaisers/.staging/job_1430315033077_0086/job.splitmetainfo"
} size: 771 timestamp: 1431091092000 type: FILE visibility: APPLICATION
2015-05-08 15:18:15,331 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.container.ContainerImpl:
Failed to parse resource-request
java.net.URISyntaxException: Expected scheme name at index 0:
:///tmp/hadoop-yarn/staging/kaisers/.staging/job_1430315033077_0086/job.splitmetainfo

The path element of the URI is correct, it simply is missing it's scheme
and authority but i cannot find out why so far.
Please note that the URIs used during staging are correct and contain
scheme & authority correctly. This means the incomplete URI is created
during job creation.

My guess so far: this is either because I am missing some configuration for
the Nodemanager (therefore he does not know about my FileSystem
implementation and throws the unknown scheme & authority out the window) or
that the FileSystem implementation has an error / did not override a method
that requires adoption.

Can someone please give me a hint where the URIs used by the NodeManager
are constructed prior to scheduling? This would allow me to trace back
where the incomplete URI is coming from...

Best regards
Silvan

--
Quobyte GmbH
Boyenstr. 41 - 10115 Berlin-Mitte - Germany

*Quobyte* GmbH
Hardenbergplatz 2 - 10623 Berlin - Germany

Re: URI missing scheme and authority in job start with new FileSystem implementation

Posted by Silvan Kaiser <si...@quobyte.com>.
Hi Varun, hi List!
Just a small success feedback note:
It took me quite a while but in the end i found out that not mine but
AbstractFileSystem.java's resolvePath() method was used, sigh.
Solution was simply to add an override in the DelegateToFileSystem impl,
this override explicitely calls fsImpl.resolvePath() (which is my
FileSytems implementation) and yarn is now writing correct fully qualified
URIs into the job configuration.
Thanks for helping!

Posted by Silvan Kaiser <si...@quobyte.com>.
Dear Varun,
thanks for the hints! Yep it's Mapreduce.
Can't look at the code right now but I cannot remember overriding resolvePath. Will check it out and give feedback later on!
Best
Silvan

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Posted by Silvan Kaiser <si...@quobyte.com>.