Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Dustin N. Jenkins" <dj...@invoqsystems.com> on 2006/01/05 01:08:13 UTC

Custom Form Validator

Does anyone have experience writing Custom Form Validators?  We need a
way of accessing our Spring Service Layer from one of our Cocoon Custom
Validators, but the Validator doesn't seem to have access to the HTTP
Request or Session or anything else that's exterior to it.  Is there an
easy way of acquiring the Spring Application Context or the HTTP Request
that someone knows of?

Many thanks,
Dustin

Re: Custom Form Validator

Posted by "Dustin N. Jenkins" <dj...@invoqsystems.com>.
Thanks to the responses, that's what I needed!

Dustin N. Jenkins wrote:

> Does anyone have experience writing Custom Form Validators?  We need a
> way of accessing our Spring Service Layer from one of our Cocoon
> Custom Validators, but the Validator doesn't seem to have access to
> the HTTP Request or Session or anything else that's exterior to it.
> Is there an easy way of acquiring the Spring Application Context or
> the HTTP Request that someone knows of?
>
> Many thanks,
> Dustin

Dustin N. Jenkins
Application Developer
Invoq Systems, Inc.
AlarmPoint - Guaranteed Event Resolution
#216 - 852 Fort Street
Victoria, BC V8W 1H8
Tel: (250) 380-0304
djenkins@invoqsystems.com <ma...@invoqSystems.com>
http://www.invoqsystems.com

Re: Custom Form Validator

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Dustin N. Jenkins wrote:
> Does anyone have experience writing Custom Form Validators?  We need a
> way of accessing our Spring Service Layer from one of our Cocoon
> Custom Validators, but the Validator doesn't seem to have access to
> the HTTP Request or Session or anything else that's exterior to it.
> Is there an easy way of acquiring the Spring Application Context or
> the HTTP Request that someone knows of?

If you use flowscript, you can write a custom validator in Javascript.
It will have access to the "cocoon" object and all global variables of
the flowscript.

Sylvain