Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Mark Owens <Ma...@coda.com> on 2000/10/12 12:35:19 UTC

FOP (V0.14) - list-handling / fonts

Hi,
*LIST-HANDLING*
During building a document FOP displays messages of the form:
[27>WARNING: This version of FOP requires list-items inside
list-blocks>>>>>>>]

I've visited the "Limitations Section" of the xml.apache.org/fop and I
beleive my fo document adheres to this limitation. Here's a document
fragment:

<fo:list-block provisional-distance-between-starts="12pt"
start-indent="1cm">
 <fo:list-item>
  <fo:list-item-label>
   <fo:block>
    <fo:inline-sequence font-family="Symbol">âEUR¢</fo:inline-sequence>
   </fo:block>
  </fo:list-item-label>
  <fo:list-item-body>
   <fo:block>invested in Research and Development to keep its products at
the forefront of technology</fo:block>
  </fo:list-item-body>
 </fo:list-item>
 <fo:list-item>
  <fo:list-item-label>
   <fo:block>
    <fo:inline-sequence font-family="Symbol">âEUR¢</fo:inline-sequence>
   </fo:block>
  </fo:list-item-label>
  <fo:list-item-body>
   <fo:block>ensured its products are developed by accountants for
accountants, to offer unique features and versatility.</fo:block>
  </fo:list-item-body>
 </fo:list-item>
</fo:list-block>

Is the above fragment syntactically correct? If so, should I be getting
these WARNING messages?

*FONTS (futures)*
I've tried experimenting with various fonts but most of them are "not
known". There appears to be 5 fonts supported: Courier, Helvetica, Symbol,
Times, ZapfDingbat. Will others be added in due course?

Cheers,
Mark