Posted to wsrp4j-dev@portals.apache.org by Julie MacNaught <jm...@apache.org> on 2006/03/01 14:38:27 UTC

Proxy Portlet fixes

I "fixed" the proxy portlet.  I broke it originally while promoting the
maven stuff to the main line, because I hastily refactored some of the
persistence code so that the producer and consumer would not depend on
each other.

Anyway, confession is good for the soul.  It should work now.

There were a bunch of classes that had "client" and "server" in their
names. They were named this because the server had one way of looking
for the persistence files and the client had another way.  But these
files also reflected semantic differences between producer and consumer
in terms of the objects that were persisted.  For example, the consumer
wants to persist pages, and the producer wants to persistent
registrations.  So I renamed the classes with "producer" and "consumer"
and added "proxy" to more accurately reflect the semantics.  Note that
the proxy portlet is really a server based consumer.  So it wants to
persist the same data that the swing consumer does, but it needs special
code to locate the files in WEB-INF.

--
Julie MacNaught
IBM Research