Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Tao Feng <fe...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/21 18:26:08 UTC

kwargs usage in BaseOperator

Hi,

I have a question regarding kwargs usage in BaseOperator(
https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/blob/master/airflow/models.py#L2306-L2315).
Since this pr(https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/1285)
checked in, airflow turns on deprecation warning by default. And per the
comment, the community plans to remove kwargs usage in airflow 2.0.

I wonder whether we still have the plan to remove kwargs in airflow 2.0(do
we have the timeline for airflow 2.0?) as the warning generates too many
noises for our internal production env as well as the travis CI log.

Thanks,
-Tao

Re: kwargs usage in BaseOperator

Posted by Tao Feng <fe...@gmail.com>.
Ping. Anyone has any idea on the question(whether airflow will remove
kwargs in BaseOperator)?

Posted by Craig Rodrigues <ro...@crodrigues.org>.
On Monday, May 21, 2018, Tao Feng <fe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder whether we still have the plan to remove kwargs in airflow 2.0(do
> we have the timeline for airflow 2.0?) as the warning generates too many
> noises for our internal production env as well as the travis CI log.

This may be annoying for your logs, but you should spend the time to fix
your code to not generate these warnings.  I recently upgraded my system
from airflow 1.7.0 to airflow 1.9.0 and had to fix a lot of DAG code to not
print DeprecationWarnings.  It was a lot of work, but it was worth it.

--
Craig