Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com> on 2002/07/03 06:39:53 UTC

struts vs. turbine - a comparison

Hi all,
I have a rough (pretty rough at least) document that compares the features
of struts and Turbine/Velocity. Should I post this here for critique or send
to the developers before widespread distribution.

I will of course xdoc it once its complete and submit it back ;-).

I'm already running it past some Struts users so I can get their feedback
(and to make sure that I hit all the points).

-warner

+warner onstine+

Re: struts vs. turbine - a comparison

Posted by Kurt Schrader <ks...@karmalab.org>.
Did you ever get finished with this?
I'm still interested in taking a look at it.

-Kurt

Posted by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com>.
Posted by Stephen Haberman <st...@chase3000.com>.
I think that sounds cool. I think distributing the xdoc on the list
would be okay unless someone says otherwise.

Just the other day I was wondering what exactly Struts does. I know it's
an MVC framework and I looked at it a few months before discovering
Turbine but for some reason it just didn't appeal to me the way Turbine
did, hence I never got past an initial inquiry.

Unless I'm thinking of something else, I seem to recall they had a tag
library that was pretty cool, for a tag library :-), to handle generic
stuff. Assuming I'm at least somewhat on target, I'd like to see that
included in your doc, if you don't mind. :-)

Thanks,
Stephen