Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Lennert den Teuling <le...@pcextreme.nl> on 2013/07/11 12:01:02 UTC

Restoring non-HA VMs to old state

Hi All,

We had some issues with a CS node yesterday, and it seems that VMs
_without_ HA are not restored to the old state when the node is up again.

Maybe this is normal behavior, cause the VMs were not enabled HA.
Unfortunately it is hard to determine which VMs were running and which
not after hardware failure.

We have clients that stopped their VMs on porpuse so i can't just start
all stopped VMs, cause they will be invoiced for it.

Any ideas on this topic are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lennert

Re: Restoring non-HA VMs to old state

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
you might want to look in the database, specifically the vm_instance table.
the last update time on the vm's should be a good indication as to what was
stopped long ago, and what bailed around the time of the failure. Hope that
helps.