Posted to users@tiles.apache.org by majiaben <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/20 20:00:22 UTC

Tiles 2 Help

Hi,

I just started using Struts 2 (2.0.6) and Tiles 2 (2.0.1).  But my first
simple example didn't work. Please help!

In tiles.xml, I have:

<tiles-definitions>

<definition name="TypeA" template="/ui/layout/myLayout.jsp">
  <put name="title"  type="string"  value="Hello World" />
</definition>

</tiles-definitions>

myLayout.jsp looks like this:

<%@ taglib uri="http://tiles.apache.org/tags-tiles" prefix="tiles" %>
<HTML>
  <HEAD>
    <TITLE><tiles:getAsString name="title"/></TITLE>
  </HEAD>
<BODY>
<tiles:insertAttribute name="title"/>
</BODY>
</HTML>

I was hoping to have "Hello World" displayed in both page title and body.
Unfortunately, all that I got was a blank page. I tried a few alternatives
but still could not get the expected result.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Re: Tiles 2 Help

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/4/23, majiaben <ma...@gmail.com>:
> Well, guess I have learned. :-)
>
> I am using Tiles 2.0.3 for a brand new development project.  Is there a new
> version of Tiles planned?  If so, will it change a lot too?

Tiles 2.0.3 will be released officially very soon. Are you using the
test build? If yes, don't worry, this will be the "official" 2.0.3
release :-)
Anyway notice that 2.0.3 has been declared as alpha quality, so expect
some changes (though I don't think that it will impact on normal
users, I mean xml and jsp won't change).

Antonio

Re: Tiles 2 Help

Posted by majiaben <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well, guess I have learned. :-)

I am using Tiles 2.0.3 for a brand new development project.  Is there a new
version of Tiles planned?  If so, will it change a lot too?

Cheers,

Daniel

Re: Tiles 2 Help

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tiles 2 Help

Posted by majiaben <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Antonio,

I figured it out ... Apparently the Tiles 2 DTD is different from version
1.  In tiles.xml, after I changed <put name="title" ..> to <put-attribute
name="title" ..>, it worked.

Thanks!

Daniel

Re: Tiles 2 Help