Posted to user@poi.apache.org by venkat <ve...@wipro.com.INVALID> on 2020/05/08 23:14:41 UTC

Default paste setting to paste formula in excel

Hi Team,

We have used apache poi  in our project for generating dynamic excel.some of
the cells for generated excel containing formulas . while copying one cell
data which has a formula to another cell,the formula is not copying.we have
enable the formula while copying.

Could you help me to set the default paste formula(enable for alt hvf
command) to generated excel

Re: Default paste setting to paste formula in excel

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

If you can provide two sample files, one created with Apache POI as far as
possible and one which has a minimal change to enable the paste-setting, we
can take a look if it is possible to support this in Apache POI. Make sure
to only change this one thing in Excel in the 2nd file to make it easy to
spot the place in the file-format where this is defined.

Thanks... Dominik.