Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org> on 2016/07/05 22:25:54 UTC

Smoke Test to run on a built office

Hi all,

Are there other automated smoke test macros or scripts other than noted
below that can be ran on a built office to test basic functionality and
make sure nothing major is broken?

I found this wiki page [1] that references a sxw document that contains
macros and will display a report but I'm not sure how recent it is due
to the file extension.

The file is smoketestdoc.sxw in main/smoketestdoc/unxlngx6.pro/misc/zip
of a build.

[1] https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/SmokeTest

Thanks,
Carl

Re: Smoke Test to run on a built office

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org>.
If it's not enough to kill the Java test process, you may need to kill
OpenOffice instances too, which run in separate processes.

If you only want to run a specific test, look at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/test_automation_guide#Run_testing_2 for
how you run only 1 test class.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
Thanks, I'll try that.

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
On 07/05/2016 07:42 PM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> Plz see http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@openoffice.apache.org/msg27036.html
>
> You probably want the qa tests, which run the (copied) Smoketest nowdays.
>
> Damjan
>
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 12:25 AM, Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi Damjan,

Somehow I missed this when it went by the first time :)

Thanks for detailed information !

I'll dig through this info and see what I can do with it.

Best regards,

Posted by Damjan Jovanovic <da...@apache.org>.