You are viewing a plain text version of this content. The canonical link for it is here.
Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2010/04/10 09:30:17 UTC

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Hi all,

I tried to release ServiceMix 3.3.2 yesterday but I got an issue when 
closing the Nexus repo because the JBoss Deployer SAR artifact wasn't 
signed.
So I'm going to work on it and submit the release vote today.

Concerning ServiceMix 4.2, Chris should work on it. But, if Chris is ok, 
I will manage the 4.2 release cut of next monday (just after the 3.3.2 
release).

Regards
JB

Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Just a new update around SMX release roadmap.
> 
> 1/ ServiceMix Components 2010.01
> As you've already seen, ServiceMix Components 2010.01 have been released 
> the 21st of march.
> I have identified two pending actions:
> - upgrade components schemas (using the script)
> - upgrade archetypes
> - add a news on the website
> 
> 2/ ServiceMix 3.3.2
> I'm preparing ServiceMix 3.3.2 release right now. I will submit to vote 
> today.
> 
> 3/ NMR 1.2/ServiceMix 4.2
> If we are all ok, I will prepare the NMR/ServiceMix 4 release next friday.
> 
> Regards
> JB
> 
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like to summarize the SMX releases next steps :
>>
>> Step 1: 2010.01 Components Set
>> I upgraded servicemix-camel to use Camel 2.2.0 yesterday evening. All 
>> unit tests are working fine but I'm going to perform some "real" tests 
>> on SMX 3.3.2-SNAPSHOT and SMX 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.
>> For this, I will upgrade SMX3 trunk to use 2010.01-SNAPSHOT components 
>> set.
>> Assigned: jbonofre
>> Deadline: 18th of February (today)
>> Release deadline: this week end - 20th of February (agree ?)
>>
>> Step 1.1: Release SMX 3.3.2
>> As soon as 2010.01 components set is released, we can release SMX 3.3.2.
>> Assigned: jbonofre
>> Release deadline: next week - 24th of February (agree ?)
>>
>> Step 2: Usage of Camel 2.2.0
>> I'm going to upgraded SMX4 NMR and features to use Camel 2.2.0. Gert 
>> has already raised a bug with a patch for this upgrade. I'm going to 
>> apply the patch and perform some tests.
>> Assigned: jbonofre
>> Deadline: 19th of February (tomorrow)
>>
>> Step 3: Wait Felix 2.0.4 and Karaf 1.4.0
>> Before releasing NMR 1.2 and SMX 4.2, we have to wait Felix 2.0.4 and 
>> Karaf 1.4.0.
>> Guillaume said to me yesterday that Felix 2.0.4 should be released 
>> today and Karaf 1.4.0 this week end or next week.
>> @Guillaume, do you confirm ?
>>
>> Step 4: Release NMR 1.1/SMX 4.2
>> The requirements to release SMX 4.2 are:
>> - have 2010.01 components set released
>> - have Felix 2.0.4 released
>> - have Karaf 1.4.0 released
>> As soon as we have these requirements, we can release NMR 1.1. Once 
>> NMR 1.1 is released, we can release SMX 4.2.
>> Assigned: team
>> Release deadline: 3rd of March (agree ?)
>>
>> Is it fine for you ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Regards
>> JB

Re: SMX releases roadmap

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
Just FYI, I have some test failures in 4.2 trunk that I am working on and I
have a couple of new issues that I would like to get into the release so
I'll try to start the release builds again tomorrow after I fix these
things.

Chris

--
Chris Custine
FUSESource :: http://fusesource.com
My Blog :: http://blog.organicelement.com
Apache ServiceMix :: http://servicemix.apache.org
Apache Felix :: http://felix.apache.org
Apache Directory Server :: http://directory.apache.org


On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 1:30 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried to release ServiceMix 3.3.2 yesterday but I got an issue when
> closing the Nexus repo because the JBoss Deployer SAR artifact wasn't
> signed.
> So I'm going to work on it and submit the release vote today.
>
> Concerning ServiceMix 4.2, Chris should work on it. But, if Chris is ok, I
> will manage the 4.2 release cut of next monday (just after the 3.3.2
> release).
>
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just a new update around SMX release roadmap.
>>
>> 1/ ServiceMix Components 2010.01
>> As you've already seen, ServiceMix Components 2010.01 have been released
>> the 21st of march.
>> I have identified two pending actions:
>> - upgrade components schemas (using the script)
>> - upgrade archetypes
>> - add a news on the website
>>
>> 2/ ServiceMix 3.3.2
>> I'm preparing ServiceMix 3.3.2 release right now. I will submit to vote
>> today.
>>
>> 3/ NMR 1.2/ServiceMix 4.2
>> If we are all ok, I will prepare the NMR/ServiceMix 4 release next friday.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I would like to summarize the SMX releases next steps :
>>>
>>> Step 1: 2010.01 Components Set
>>> I upgraded servicemix-camel to use Camel 2.2.0 yesterday evening. All
>>> unit tests are working fine but I'm going to perform some "real" tests on
>>> SMX 3.3.2-SNAPSHOT and SMX 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.
>>> For this, I will upgrade SMX3 trunk to use 2010.01-SNAPSHOT components
>>> set.
>>> Assigned: jbonofre
>>> Deadline: 18th of February (today)
>>> Release deadline: this week end - 20th of February (agree ?)
>>>
>>> Step 1.1: Release SMX 3.3.2
>>> As soon as 2010.01 components set is released, we can release SMX 3.3.2.
>>> Assigned: jbonofre
>>> Release deadline: next week - 24th of February (agree ?)
>>>
>>> Step 2: Usage of Camel 2.2.0
>>> I'm going to upgraded SMX4 NMR and features to use Camel 2.2.0. Gert has
>>> already raised a bug with a patch for this upgrade. I'm going to apply the
>>> patch and perform some tests.
>>> Assigned: jbonofre
>>> Deadline: 19th of February (tomorrow)
>>>
>>> Step 3: Wait Felix 2.0.4 and Karaf 1.4.0
>>> Before releasing NMR 1.2 and SMX 4.2, we have to wait Felix 2.0.4 and
>>> Karaf 1.4.0.
>>> Guillaume said to me yesterday that Felix 2.0.4 should be released today
>>> and Karaf 1.4.0 this week end or next week.
>>> @Guillaume, do you confirm ?
>>>
>>> Step 4: Release NMR 1.1/SMX 4.2
>>> The requirements to release SMX 4.2 are:
>>> - have 2010.01 components set released
>>> - have Felix 2.0.4 released
>>> - have Karaf 1.4.0 released
>>> As soon as we have these requirements, we can release NMR 1.1. Once NMR
>>> 1.1 is released, we can release SMX 4.2.
>>> Assigned: team
>>> Release deadline: 3rd of March (agree ?)
>>>
>>> Is it fine for you ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>>
>>