Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Kevin Sweeney <ke...@apache.org> on 2014/07/18 01:05:09 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Aurora 0.5.0 (incubating) RC1

All,
I propose that we accept the following release candidate as the official
Apache Aurora 0.5.0 release.

Aurora 0.5.0-rc1 includes the following:
---
The CHANGELOG for the release is available at:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-aurora.git&ba=blob_plain&f=CHANGELOG&hb=0.5.0-rc1

The branch used to create the release with is 0.5.0-rc1:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-aurora.git&a=commit&hb=0.5.0-rc1

The release candidate is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/aurora/0.5.0-rc1/apache-aurora-0.5.0-rc1-incubating.tar.gz

The MD5 checksum of the release candidate can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/aurora/0.5.0-rc1/apache-aurora-0.5.0-rc1-incubating.tar.gz.md5

The signature of the release candidate can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/aurora/0.5.0-rc1/apache-aurora-0.5.0-rc1-incubating.tar.gz.asc

The GPG key used to sign the release are available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/aurora/KEYS

Please download, verify, and test.

The vote will close on Sun Jul 20 15:56:42 PDT 2014

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Aurora 0.5.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this as Apache Aurora 0.5.0 becuase...

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Aurora 0.5.0 (incubating) RC1

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
-1

everything looks great other than:
- Some recently added files are missing Apache license headers.Created
AURORA-594 for this issue and have posted a patch for it on reviewboard.
-  The test_cluster_option test case is failing for me on multiple
machines. Created AURORA-595 for this.

Full checklist I ran through is below

-Jake

Apache Aurora 0.5.0-RC1 checklist
-----
1.1 Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.
- checksum hashes match
- signature verified against KEYS file
2.1 Build is successful including automated tests.
- Followed README, java test passed python tests failed
X src.test.python.apache.aurora.common.test_cluster_option
       .....   FAILURE
E           AttributeError: CaptureFixture instance has no attribute
'_outerr'
3.1 DISCLAIMER is correct, filenames include "incubating".
- DISCLAIMER is correct
- RC filename: apache-aurora-0.5.0-rc1-incubating.tar.gz
3.2 Top-level LICENSE and NOTICE are correct for each distribution.
- LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct
3.3 All source files have license headers where appropriate.
X Missing Apache license headers
  src/main/python/apache/aurora/BUILD
      src/test/python/apache/aurora/client/cli/AuroraHooks

src/test/python/apache/aurora/client/cli/hook_test_data/bad_syntax/AuroraHooks

src/test/python/apache/aurora/client/cli/hook_test_data/exec_error/AuroraHooks
3.4 The provenance of all source files is clear (ASF or software grants).
- IP Clearance verified on initial import of codebase
3.5 Dependencies licenses are ok as per http://apache.org/legal/
- 3rd party source libraries licenses in use are Apache v2 and MIT
3.6 Release consists of source code only, no binaries.
- no binary files found

Posted by Brian Wickman <wi...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Mark Chu-Carroll <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bhuvan Arumugam <bh...@apache.org>.
Tested it on rhel6.5 with python 2.7. All tests passed. It fail when
using rhel6.5 with python 2.6, due to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-585.

+1 for the release, if we document that python 2.6 is not supported.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Kevin Sweeney <ke...@apache.org> wrote:
> All,
> I propose that we accept the following release candidate as the official
> Apache Aurora 0.5.0 release.
>

> Aurora 0.5.0-rc1 includes the following:
> ---
> The CHANGELOG for the release is available at:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-aurora.git&ba=blob_plain&f=CHANGELOG&hb=0.5.0-rc1
>
> The branch used to create the release with is 0.5.0-rc1:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-aurora.git&a=commit&hb=0.5.0-rc1
>
> The release candidate is available at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/aurora/0.5.0-rc1/apache-aurora-0.5.0-rc1-incubating.tar.gz
>
> The MD5 checksum of the release candidate can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/aurora/0.5.0-rc1/apache-aurora-0.5.0-rc1-incubating.tar.gz.md5
>
> The signature of the release candidate can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/aurora/0.5.0-rc1/apache-aurora-0.5.0-rc1-incubating.tar.gz.asc
>
> The GPG key used to sign the release are available at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/aurora/KEYS
>
> Please download, verify, and test.
>
> The vote will close on Sun Jul 20 15:56:42 PDT 2014
>
> [ ] +1 Release this as Apache Aurora 0.5.0
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1 Do not release this as Apache Aurora 0.5.0 becuase...

Bhuvan Arumugam
www.livecipher.com