Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Sam Redai <sa...@tabular.io> on 2022/02/08 02:12:23 UTC

New Iceberg Site Released!

Hey everyone,

The new Iceberg documentation site has been officially released. A big
thanks to everyone who contributed and/or helped guide the design. This is
particularly exciting since we'll now have versioned docs going forward.
Jack Ye as the 0.13.0 release manager is going through the steps for
releasing a new site version and he's added the necessary steps to the
readme to help the next release manager (Thanks Jack!).

*Documentation Contributions Going Forward*
Although the docs have been separated into their own repository, new
PRs/Issues for documentation should still be opened against the main
*apache/iceberg* repo. During a new version release, the release manager
will copy over the documentation to the *apache/iceberg-docs* repo and cut
a new versioned docs site. If a patch is required to a version of the docs
site that has been previously released, that can be opened as a PR directly
against that version's branch in the *apache/iceberg-docs* repo.

Thank you all again and if anyone has any questions or comments, feel free
to reply here or start a thread in the #general slack channel.

Best,
Sam

Re: New Iceberg Site Released!

Posted by Sam Redai <sa...@tabular.io>.
A redirect for https://iceberg.apache.org/spark-configuration already
exists but there was an odd behavior in the previous theme that would add a
"#" character in the url. Unfortunately that's not honored by the
redirections but I'm looking into a way to do that. Agreed that it would be
great to keep the links from the past couple of months unbroken!

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang