Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/04 11:47:57 UTC

Help with CloudStack 4.14 press release

Hi all, Sally,

We should be in a position to release CloudStack 4.14 (new LTS) at the end
of this week and I would kindly like to ask for a help with the Press
Release.

Bellow is the usual announcement we do via mailing lists - the links/URLs
below do NOT exist yet but will be in effect once we actually release the
4.14

#######
*The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache**®** CloudStack**®** v4.14*

Apache CloudStack 4.14.features over 200 new features, enhancements and
fixes since 4.13. Highlights include:

New modern UI (Project Primate, Technical preview)
Backup and Recovery framework [VMware]
VM ingestion [VMware]
L2 network PVLAN enhancements [VMware]
CloudStack Kubernetes Service
UEFI support
KVM rolling maintenance
Enable Direct Download for systemVM templates [KMV]
Template Direct Download support for Local and SharedMountPoint storages
[KVM]
VR health checks
Download logs and diagnostics data from SSVM/CPVM/VRs
Enable additional configuration metadata to virtual machines

The full list of new features can be found in the project release notes at
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/4.14.0.0/releasenotes/index.html

Apache CloudStack powers numerous elastic Cloud computing services,
including solutions that have ranked as Gartner Magic Quadrant leaders.
Highlighted in the Forrester Q4 2017 Enterprise Open Source Cloud Adoption
report, Apache CloudStack "sits beneath hundreds of service provider
clouds", including Fortune 5 multinational corporations. A list of known
Apache CloudStack users are available at
http://cloudstack.apache.org/users.html

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Help with CloudStack 4.14 press release

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sally,

yes, a let's prepare a Draft, but we'll sync before sending out anything,
when we have the release ready.

Thx,
Thx Sven,

Andrija

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Sven.

I'm on standby. Please let me know when you're ready.

Also: has anyone arranged for the Feathercast interview?

Best,
Sally

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
Vice President Sponsor Relations
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org

Posted by Sven Vogel <sv...@apache.org>.
Hi Sally,

the draft looks good to me :)

lets wait until 4.14 is released.

Cheers,

Sven Vogel
Apache CloudStack PMC member

, "Rich Bowen" , "Apache CloudStack Marketing"

Posted by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Sally – - I’ll do the interview with Rich - I was about to ping him directly on it this morning

Kind regards
Giles

Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org<ma...@apache.org>

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com>
@shapeblue

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sally,

unfortunately the release is not out yet, so kindly hold off any
announcements.

We'll let you know when we have voted the final release.

Thank you so much,

Regards,
Andrija

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Hello Sven and PMC --I've made some minor edits to the press release, and are ready to announce pending Sven's signoff of the tweaks to his quote.

Please forward any final additions or corrections by 6PM ET (UTC -4) on Monday so we can announce on Tuesday morning.

Do let me know if we need more time. Has anyone been in touch with Rich regarding Feathercast?

Many thanks,
Sally

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
Vice President Sponsor Relations
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org

On Tue, May 12, 2020, at 13:49, Sally Khudairi wrote:
> Hello again, everyone --
>
> We have a great opportunity to highlight the new release on Feathercast --the voice of the ASF https://feathercast.apache.org/ . I've copied Rich Bowen, co-Founder of Feathercast, so whomever is interested/able to do the interview to please contact Rich directly regarding next steps.
>
> If we're able to smooth out the copy by the end of the week, we can issue the press release on Monday. Do let me know your thoughts.
>
> Best,
> Sally
>
> - - -
> Vice President Marketing & Publicity
> Vice President Sponsor Relations
> The Apache Software Foundation
>
> Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org
>

> On Mon, May 11, 2020, at 07:23, Sally Khudairi wrote:
>> Thank you, Giles. I placed the feature list as provided by the PMC.
>>
>> Of course we can update this. I just need the correct content.
>>
>> Best,
>> Sally
>>
>> - - -
>> Vice President Marketing & Publicity
>> Vice President Sponsor Relations
>> The Apache Software Foundation
>>
>> Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org
>>

>> On Mon, May 11, 2020, at 04:53, Giles Sirett wrote:
>>> Sally

>>> I made one comment to the release: a number of the features are single hypervisor only but I don’t see why we should be listing these in a press release. From a cloudstack perspective, we do have plenty of other features that only work with specific hypervisors, but we’ve never explicitly listed these shortcomings in press releases (obviously the documentation will have to list, but dotn see why we’ve donw it at “headline” level)

>>> Kind regards

>>> Giles

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Sven. We're on it :-)

- - -

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Ack; many thanks!

- - -

Posted by Sven Vogel <sv...@apache.org>.
Hi Andrija, Hi Sally,

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Andrija. I'm happy to help.

I'll get the draft press release started tonight. We can issue over the wire on Monday if that works for you.

Best,
Sally

+ copying ASF Marketing & Publicity to keep everyone in the loop

- - -