Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Yossy Dreyfus <yo...@nayos.com> on 2006/08/06 13:32:48 UTC

[users@httpd] "don't have permission to access this server"

I have installed the apache server on a linux host.
My host using nfs file system as its root file system.
I have changed all the permissions to 777, but I still get the forbidden
message?
What can be the reason?

Re: [users@httpd] "don't have permission to access this server"

Posted by ganesh ganesh <ga...@gmail.com>.
What is the folder that you are trying to access.. What is your virtual host
entry..... making 777 permission alone will not work for you as for as
apache is concerned. There are lot many settings to access the folder and
files.................

Provide the details... so that issue can be analysed...

TechsLiwi,
http://www.liwiplus.com

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 04:32 AM 8/6/2006, you wrote:
>I have installed the apache server on a linux host.
>My host using nfs file system as its root file system.
>I have changed all the permissions to 777, but I still get the
>forbidden message?
>What can be the reason?

 From the WAN or LAN? What is the EXACT error from the error log?

Re: [users@httpd] "don't have permission to access this server"

Posted by Charles Michener <mi...@yahoo.com>.
When I got that message it was caused by one of the many firewalls blocking my access - might try shutting one at a time down for a test

Yossy Dreyfus <yo...@nayos.com> wrote:
            I have installed the apache server on a linux host.
  My host using nfs file system as its root file system.
  I have changed all the permissions to 777, but I still get the forbidden message?
  What can be the reason?

Groups are talking. We&acute;re listening. Check out the handy changes to Yahoo! Groups.