Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org> on 2016/11/01 23:51:01 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Streams 0.4.0 incubating

Hi Incubator PMC,

The Apache Streams community has voted and approved the proposal to
release Apache Streams 0.4.0 (incubating).

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members to review and vote on this
incubator release.

Thread [VOTE] :
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/104310391acd0c4ad0097427ae8175
c85ce43f99a8bd824e35336b1e@%3Cdev.streams.apache.org%3E

Thread [VOTE] [RESULT] :
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/92720097cc5e8ed19e2c8a6ff1adfa
51761ec86497b158f46e8973a4@%3Cdev.streams.apache.org%3E

The Release candidate to be voted upon is 0.4-incubating release candidate
(rc2),
with the following artifacts up for a vote:

incubator-streams-master source tag (r0.4-incubating):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-streams-
master.git;a=commit;h=b5096fa46bdccfdafce95ee7bcd535a604a63041
incubator-streams source tag (r0.4-incubating):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-streams.
git;a=commit;h=7417348cbadc068e3f9d45b07ed51bc286676d64
incubator-streams-examples source tag (r0.4-incubating):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-streams-
examples.git;a=commit;h=5807a4522c9ea3f93547baf801f4eb64d1a8
3383(https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-
streams-examples.git)

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestreams-1016

Source releases:
https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/org
apachestreams-1016/content/org/apache/streams/streams-master

/0.4-incubating/streams-master-0.4-incubating-source-release.zip
https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/org

apachestreams-1016/content/org/apache/streams/streams-projec
t/0.4-incubating/streams-project-0.4-incubating-source-release.zip

https://repository.apache.org/service/local/repositories/org
apachestreams-1016/content/org/apache/streams/streams-exampl
es/0.4-incubating/streams-examples-0.4-incubating-source-release.zip

Checksums of streams-master-0.4-incubating-source-release.zip:
MD5: 8378e982583d218b10e70183e4f6363c
SHA1: 90e557b6f36314e47d7cdbb43bb62d45522270f8
Checksums of streams-project-0.4-incubating-source-release.zip:
MD5: 0a9d967da4c3314ec9e0b4f0b6d90f90
SHA1: 8d775596c0376ed5c5ac4d349379c2e01ff39ee2
Checksums of streams-examples-0.3-incubating-source-release.zip:
MD5: 9a46bfc7afd3fe2ee40eabf0a2ca876c
SHA1: b8fa09d1e016cf998b81240ac34058ea275c8e50

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/sblackmon.asc

Note that Maven 3.3.9 and JDK 1.8+ are now required, and that MAVEN_OPTS
should set the java heap to at least 2G for best results.

These repositories must be built and installed locally in the right
order: first streams-master, then streams-project, finally streams-examples.

To see the full set of steps used to validate and perform the release
candidate, and review the output of each step, visit this public wiki page.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMS/0.4-incu
bating+rc2+release+logs

Note that to execute the full suite of integration tests, one must first
prepare a testing environment with docker databases and working credentials
to all providers.

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Re: [CANCELLED][VOTE] Release Apache Streams 0.4.0 incubating

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Thanks for catching this Justin!

No problem. BTW rat didn’t catch it I assume because of the Apache header at the top of the file.

This sort of issue it hard to catch via automated tools,  for instance some 3rd party software is dual licensed under GPL and Apache so just search for “GPL” or “GNU” may not be enough.

Thanks,
Justin

[CANCELLED][VOTE] Release Apache Streams 0.4.0 incubating

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Thanks for catching this Justin!

I just checked and this same issue was also present in the Streams
0.3-incubating release, so we overlooked it the previous time as well.

We'll fix these and then come back with a new release candidate.

Ate

On 2016-11-02 04:21, justin@classsoftware.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> -1 (binding) due to the inclusion of so-called Category X [3] GPL licensed files. These files [1][2] contain GPL licensed content and IMO can’t be included in a release.
>
> Other issues:
> - The files [2] also contains other licensed content (copyright UserLand Software and Scripting News) that should be mentioned in LICENSE.
> - The files [1][2] have also look to incorrectly have an Apache header added to them.
>
> I checked:
> - name includes incubating
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - LICENSE and NOTICE good (except the project LICENSE file)
> - All source files have Apache headers
> - No unexpected binary files in source release
> - Can compile from source
>
> You may want to change the title line in the stream examples NOTICE file.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. ./streams-project-0.4-incubating/streams-contrib/streams-provider-rss/src/main/xmlschema/opml.xsd
> 2. ./streams-project-0.4-incubating/streams-contrib/streams-provider-rss/src/main/xmlschema/contents.xsd
> 3. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved#category-x

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Streams 0.4.0 incubating

Posted by ju...@classsoftware.com.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

The artefacts are missing from the release area / are not the correct version. [1] This was brought up last release can you please fix.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/