Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com> on 2012/07/05 23:20:23 UTC

[VOTE] Aries util and blueprint.api 1.0.0 release candidates RC2

I've staged a second release candidate for the Aries 1.0.0 util and
blueprint.api bundles. The difference between this candidate and the
first candidate is that the javadoc for the org.apache.aries.util
bundle documents *all* the classes in that bundle, rather than just
the ones in the util/util project.

The modules are staged and tagged in

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/tags/org.apache.aries.util-parent-1.0.0/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/tags/org.apache.aries.blueprint.api-1.0.0/

Instructions for verifying the release are at
http://aries.apache.org/development/verifyingrelease.html.
Alternately, cut and paste the following to run a full check:

wget --no-check-certificate
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/scripts/verify_staged_release.sh
chmod a+x verify_staged_release.sh
./verify_staged_release.sh 032 mytempdirectory 2>&1 | tee verifyresults.txt
grep FAIL verifyresults.txt
grep ERROR verifyresults.txt

Failures are reported since there are no SHAs for the
archetype-catalog.xml file in the repository, but I believe this is
acceptable (and I can update the script to filter these out if
everyone else agrees).

Artifacts are in one staged
repo,https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-032/.

Links to the *.zip files for each module are provided below.

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-032/org/apache/aries/blueprint/org.apache.aries.blueprint.api/1.0.0/org.apache.aries.blueprint.api-1.0.0-source-release.zip
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-032/org/apache/aries/org.apache.aries.util-parent/1.0.0/org.apache.aries.util-parent-1.0.0-source-release.zip

The RAT and IANAL build checks passed.

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ]  0
[ ] -1

Re: [VOTE] Aries util and blueprint.api 1.0.0 release candidates RC2

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
+1 ... used the verify script and there's an error in the output, but
a rebuild of the offending javadoc works out fine.

Posted by Mark Nuttall <mn...@apache.org>.
+1

Verified using the verify_staged_release script.

(For cygwin, I need to remember to export JAVA_HOME=/cygdrive/c/jdk16 first
)

Thank you, Holly!

Regards,
Mark

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me, thank you Holly!

David

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Friday, July 13, 2012 02:45:45 PM David Bosschaert wrote:
> I think Holly simply published them when the vote concluded:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/aries-dev/201207.mbox/%3C06E2B3A4
> -FA7A-4685-B3E4-17F1DD9AE636%40googlemail.com%3E

Oh.  Right.  Somehow missed the result as the mailer didn't thread it in
like it normally does due to it not being a reply.   :-)

Thanks!

Dan

> Cheers,
>
> David
>
> On 13 July 2012 14:35, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Holly,
> >
> > Did something go wrong?  I'm already seeing artifacts at central:
> >

> > http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/aries/org.apache.aries.util-p
> > arent/1.0.0/
> > http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/aries/blueprint/org.apache.a
> > ries.blueprint.api/1.0.0/
> >
> > Thus, we cannot have another 1.0.0 "release" as they won't sync there.
> >
> > Not sure what happened.  :-(
> >

> > Dan
> >
> > On Thursday, July 05, 2012 10:20:23 PM Holly Cummins wrote:
> >> I've staged a second release candidate for the Aries 1.0.0 util and
> >> blueprint.api bundles. The difference between this candidate and the
> >> first candidate is that the javadoc for the org.apache.aries.util
> >> bundle documents *all* the classes in that bundle, rather than just
> >> the ones in the util/util project.
> >>
> >> The modules are staged and tagged in
> >>
> >> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/tags/org.apache.aries.util-paren
> >> t-1 .0.0/
> >> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/tags/org.apache.aries.blueprint.
> >> ap
> >> i-1.0.0/
> >>
> >> Instructions for verifying the release are at
> >> http://aries.apache.org/development/verifyingrelease.html.
> >> Alternately, cut and paste the following to run a full check:
> >>
> >> wget --no-check-certificate
> >> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/scripts/verify_staged_release.sh
> >> chmod a+x verify_staged_release.sh
> >> ./verify_staged_release.sh 032 mytempdirectory 2>&1 | tee
> >> verifyresults.txt grep FAIL verifyresults.txt
> >> grep ERROR verifyresults.txt
> >>
> >> Failures are reported since there are no SHAs for the
> >> archetype-catalog.xml file in the repository, but I believe this is
> >> acceptable (and I can update the script to filter these out if
> >> everyone else agrees).
> >>
> >> Artifacts are in one staged
> >> repo,https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-
> >> 032 /.
> >>
> >> Links to the *.zip files for each module are provided below.
> >>
> >> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-032/o
> >> rg/
> >> apache/aries/blueprint/org.apache.aries.blueprint.api/1.0.0/org.apache
> >> .ari es.blueprint.api-1.0.0-source-release.zip
> >> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-032/o
> >> rg
> >> /apache/aries/org.apache.aries.util-parent/1.0.0/org.apache.aries.util-
> >> par ent-1.0.0-source-release.zip
> >>
> >> The RAT and IANAL build checks passed.
> >>
> >> The vote will be open for 72 hours.
> >>
> >> [ ] +1
> >> [ ]  0
> >> [ ] -1
> >
> > --
> > Daniel Kulp
> > dkulp@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog
Daniel Kulp

Re: [VOTE] Aries util and blueprint.api 1.0.0 release candidates RC2

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Awesome, thanks a lot Holly.

Don't hesitate to ping me if I can help.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Aries util and blueprint.api 1.0.0 release candidates RC2

Posted by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yup, I noted that too.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Aries util and blueprint.api 1.0.0 release candidates RC2

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Holly,

--
Daniel Kulp