Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Brett Dev <br...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/20 04:57:40 UTC

Determining the page title at the end of all requests.

Gurus,

For apache 1.3, is it possible during the logging
or cleanup phases to ascertain the title a page
has put between it's <title></title> tags?

For our perl/mason based pages I suspect we can leave
a hint (in the subprocess_env()) or just use notes()
or something like that.  However we also have
ColdFusion on our server, and that throws a wrench
into things.  So we are trying to capture the title of
all pages our site might return, regardless of what
performed the content generation.

When our server returns pages I noticed that apache is
adding in a Title: HTTP header with the value we want.
We just don't seem to be able to get to it.
$r->header_out('Title') is blank when called
in our Cleanup handler.  In fact, the headers_out()
table is mostly empty.  It would seem apache fills in
the rest of the header data after our cleanup handler
is done.

Any help appreciated,

-- Brett

P.S. Upgrading to apache 2.0 is not an option for now.