Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl> on 2005/03/30 11:36:36 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: ./apachectl startssl

Plantier, Spencer said:
> I am new to apache and opensll but I think I finally got everything
> correct here is what I have. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> It looks like apache will start with opensll but I am getting this
> error:
> Syntax error on line 250 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/ssl.conf:
> Expected </VirtualHost> but saw </IfDefine>
>
> Here is what the end of my ssl.conf looks like.
>

> #   Per-Server Logging:
> #   The home of a custom SSL log file. Use this when you want a
> #   compact non-error SSL logfile on a virtual host basis.
> CustomLog /usr/local/apache2/logs/ssl_request_log \
>           "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"
> <VirtualHost _default_:443>
> ServerName localhost
>  SSLEngine on
>  SSLCertificateFile /home/ssl/localhost.cert
> SSLCertificateKeyFile /home/ssl/localhost.key.unsecure
> </VirtualHost>
>
> </IfDefine>

What's before these lines? Go up until you find either a <VirtualHost> or
an <IfDefine> (unmatched by a closing tag you saw on your way back of
course). My guess (based on the comment above the CustomLog line) is that
the line 'CustomLog' is already inside a VirtualHost container, and you
created a VH-container -within- another VH-container.

Joost