Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by James Hall <Ja...@RadioShack.com> on 2001/01/05 21:23:05 UTC

Newbie cookie question

Hello,

I recently installed mod_perl 1.24_01 and everything is fine.... except
cookies.

Specifically, my perl scripts before mod_perl would pass a cookie back and
forth with the users name and password - so that each script, when called,
would check for the cookie to see if the user is logged in and if not
redirect to a login page, if they are logged in then display the requested
page.

Now that I have mod_perl installed I cannot pass any cookies like I used to.
I have not changed any scripts [yet] and all use DBI connections to a
postgres DB.

I looked through the guide and searched the maillist archive but did not
find much info to help with this.
I also tried to install Apache::AuthCookieDBI, but documentation is very
limited for that and never could get it right.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!
Jim