Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sunil Chandurkar <su...@nagpurcity.net> on 2001/03/06 05:49:19 UTC

I'm New User - Tomcat HTTPS Help expecting

I am new user of Tomcat. I want to use Tomcat as a web serve in my application running on Win NT.

My application includes Applet-Servlet communication.

I want to use HTTPS protocol instead of HTTP.
How can i achieve secure trasaction on Tomcat.

I read some documentation on net... according to that
I have installed Apache then I have installed Tomcat.
then I have configured Server.xml file where i have added something about poolTCPConnector with port no. 8443 and i was trying to generate key using keytool command line option. But i didn't understand how to generate certificates and secondly once it is generated how to associate it with tomcat server.

I am bit confuse, please could u help me to get rid of all these confusion and please tell me
steps to configure tomcat server.

is there any provision to get sample certificates for testing...

please help me...

thanks

/sunil

Get LifeTime Free email Visit  ---> http://www.nagpurcity.net

Re: I'm New User - Tomcat HTTPS Help expecting

Posted by David Crooke <da...@convio.com>.
SSL is entirely orthogonal to Tomcat - just put the tomcat directives in
your SSL virtual host and use https URLs - look at
http://www.modssl.org/ for SSL info