Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Hilton, Chris" <ch...@Question.com> on 2000/11/17 00:08:40 UTC

ejbjar and descriptor naming standard

I'm new to using ant and ran into a perplexing problem the other day.  I was
trying to build an EJB jar for use with Weblogic and was having a hard time
getting the Weblogic specific descriptor to be included in the generic jar
file.  If I used the naming standard for descriptors, it worked fine.  Since
I had only one bean, however, I thought I would try it without the naming
standard and kept getting

D:\java\test\build.xml:56: Exception while calling ejbc. Details:
weblogic.utils
.compiler.ToolFailureException: ERROR: weblogic-ejb-jar.xml was not found in
the
 jar file.

because the weblogic descriptor was not in the generic jar file.  I finally
figured out that I had to define the basejarname attribute of the ejbjar tag
to get it right.  That's fine, but I thought the basejarname attribute is
supposed to be optional, which I believe generally it is but in this case
seems mandatory.  If it is mandatory in this case, I have to wonder why.;
couldn't the project name or something just be used as the default?

I hope some of that makes sense and I haven't missed something real obvious.

Chris Hilton