Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ac...@aol.com on 2004/08/06 00:27:17 UTC

[users@httpd] problems with .htaccess and customizing error404

I tried to customize my error404 page. I will say exactly what I did, and
someone can tell me what I did wrong.

Creating .htacess
1) I opened notepad.
2) Under file name I typed ".htaccess" (including quotes). Under file type I
put all files. Encoding was ANSI
3) When a looked at the file it said it was a .htaccess file, not .txt or
something.

The Rest
1) I put this exact line in the .htaccess file on one line and everything.
the .htaccess is blank except for this:

ErrorDocument 404 /custom404.php

Custom404.php is my customized error page.

2) I put the .htaccess file in my main directory.
3) I access myserver/nofile.php and still got the default error message.

Thanks in advance

-Andrew

Re: [users@httpd] problems with .htaccess and customizing error404

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.