Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2016/06/10 12:17:03 UTC

Merging oak-server and it-jackrabbit-oak

Hi,

Right now we have the oak glue code located in bundles/jcr/jackrabbit-
oak and the ITs for the oak integration located in bundles/jcr/it-
jackrabbit-oak.

This makes updating Oak a bit harder since:

- you have to update the oak version in both the bundles and the ITs
- you have to build and install the bundle and then run the ITs ( bonus
points if you need to update the bundle version in the IT project )

I intend to merge the two projects next week so that the ITs are
located in the oak-server project.

If anyone sees a reason not to, please let me know.

Thanks,

Robert

Re: Merging oak-server and it-jackrabbit-oak

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Friday 10 June 2016 15:17:03 Robert Munteanu wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Robert,

> Right now we have the oak glue code located in bundles/jcr/jackrabbit-
> oak and the ITs for the oak integration located in bundles/jcr/it-
> jackrabbit-oak.
>
> This makes updating Oak a bit harder since:
>
> - you have to update the oak version in both the bundles and the ITs
> - you have to build and install the bundle and then run the ITs ( bonus
> points if you need to update the bundle version in the IT project )
>
> I intend to merge the two projects next week so that the ITs are
> located in the oak-server project.
>
> If anyone sees a reason not to, please let me know.

the module also contains ITs for Jackrabbit Server. When merging it-
jackrabbit-oak into oak-server omit them please.

Regards,
O.